Hi Friends- There is another super fun race coming up the Run 13.1 and 5K put on by 1st Place Sports and sponsored by Tropical Smoothie Cafe– what a team! I am still recovering from the Gate River Run which was a perfect race this year. Great temperature, no rain and everyone was in high spirits. I saw the craziest food on the course this year. In addition to the hot dogs, donuts and fruit I saw people passing out jello shots, rice crispy treats, full bottles of beer and so much more it was a hoot. I was so happy that I was able to be seeded so I didn’t have to get passed by too many people however, during the crowded areas I did get elbowed a few times by runners passing by.
One of the greatest challenges of running is planning what are you going to eat on race day. I am great at the carb loading but I am always nervous about what I eat and drink on race morning. I try to make sure I eat enough calories to get me through the run and that I pre-hydrate without having to run with a full bladder. I usually eat gluten-free bread with some Trader Joes Better’ N Peanut Butter and a banana. During the week when I am training but not racing I love a good smoothie for breakfast. I could have a banana, strawberry, spinach, PB2 and coconut water smoothie every day practically. Why PB2 in my smoothie vs Trader Joe’s Better’N Peanut Butter you ask? PB2 is a powder and much easier to add to a smoothie than taking out a spoon and trying to scoop into liquid.
Are you into smoothies? Check out Tropical Smoothie Cafe’s awesome smoothie concoctions (YUM):
- Chia Banana Boost with Strawberries (Coconut, almonds, dates, cinnamon, whole grain oats, chia seeds & roasted banana with strawberry).
- Chia Banana Boost with Peanut Butter (Coconut, almonds, dates, cinnamon, whole grain oats, chia seeds & roasted banana with peanut butter).
- Acai Berry Boost TM (Acai, pomegranate, banana, blueberries & strawberries).
Don’t miss out on this fun race. The race details are as follows:
- Sunday, April 2, 2017, 7 am
- The Jacksonville Landing
- All participants receive moisture wicking, technical shirt and a sling pack goodie bag!
- Large finisher medals for participants
- Post-race celebration with music, beer and food
Follow along on Facebook.