Behind everyone that has celiac disease is someone that loves them and wants them to be happy and healthy. I am lucky that I have a great support system. However, my boyfriend J Ry goes above and beyond sometimes sacrificing his own taste buds for my benefit.
What does he do you ask?
– Brings me gluten-free/dairy-free Sweet Pete’s caramels
– Buys me awesome treats during holidays from Cookie Momsters
– Asks the server not to put bread on the table at the beginning of a meal
– Asks the server if there is a gluten-free menu if I am late to dinner or while I have stepped away
– Makes me gluten-free/dairy-free pizza (yes even including the soy cheese on top) and eating it with me
– Shares gluten-free/dairy-free pizza with me from Mellow Mushroom
– Understands what “gluten” is and what “casein” is- sometimes even calling me from the grocery store to under stand what I can and can’t have
– Never complains that he has to hear my story over and over again when we are in new company and people ask me about celiac disease or when I have to give my usual statement about what I can and can’t have to restaurants
– Explains my needs to his family in Chicago when I go to visit- to the extent that they have cooked an entire meal gluten-free just because of me
Love is when people do things for you without you having to ask them. I have never asked him to do any of these things, but he does them anyway. I love you J Ry!